Most individuals prefer learning to dance or any other... Full Story
June 9, 2021
ADELICIA TIRADO (Movez Dance Fitness)
A Baltimore native, Adelicia began dancing, not in any classroom… but in the kitchen. Her mother would blast Latin music while cleaning the house… and lo and behold, Adelicia learned to Merengue holding on to her mother’s hips and the broom!
Struggling with Obesity as a child, 50lbs overweight, Adelicia found a true motivation and passion in dance that changed her life, and later boldly impacted her career…
While attending Temple and Towson University, she studied Theatre and Dance. Adelicia’s dance training is extensive in hip hop, African, jazz, and modern dance. In 2007, she also began studying under her godmother
Nancy Flores, aka Nonci Tirado, International Latin Ballroom World Champion and Judge. In 2008, Adelicia entered the fitness circuit, training in dance fitness programs; BODYJAMTM, Zumba Fitness® (Beto Perez, Tanya Beardsley), Aqua Zumba® (Maria Browning) and ZumbAtomic® (Gina Grant). She has performed, led workshops, and choreographed throughout the tri-state area for various theatre productions, film productions, and dance competition teams.
In 2012, Adelicia decided to take it back to her roots and founded Movez ®. A dance cardio class designed to teach the real dances, footwork and steps that go to various music rhythms. Adelicia wanted a class that gave
people the confidence and the steps to be able to step out on any dancefloor and rock it, all while pushing the body to build a dancer’s physique.
Some Credits include:
- Susan G Komen Race for the Cure: Dance Performer (2013, 2014)
- American Heart Association Baltimore Heart Walk ‘Opening Dancer’ (2011, 2012)
- Go Red for Women Health Fashion Shows ‘Dancer’ (2012)
- Zumba He Zumba Ha Music Video (2010)
- ZIN Convention: African Workshop Presenter Team (2010)
- The House of Bernarda Alba- Theatre production “Adela” (2007)
- Broadway Across America: Aida the Musical – “Nubian dancer” (2007)
- Off Broadway: Cabaret “Dancer-Rosie” (2006)
- Chicago “Cell Block Tango” Chore & Performance (2005)